I know I have mentioned once or twice before that I LOVE holidays. I wanted to make a treat for our family for Memorial Day, but we will be at the beach so I didn’t want to make anything that was too complex. These mini cherry and blueberry pies were the answer! They only require three ingredients, they’re made quickly and easily, and they are DELISH. And, they only cost about $5 to make! I know that many of you will be celebrating Memorial Day at cookouts and parties and these will be the perfect thing for you to make and take with you. Everyone is sure to adore them – and probably assume that you spent all afternoon making them!
Refrigerated Pie Crust
Cherry Pie Filling and/or Blueberry Pie Filling (You can make 12 mini pies with only one 21oz can of pie filling)
Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle flour on the surface you will be working on and roll out your dough. Use a circular cutter, between three and four inches in diameter, to cut your dough. Willa’s kid cup worked great! Place the circular dough down in the muffin tin and make sure the dough reaches up the edges to the top of the muffin cup. Fill all twelve in the pan with the dough.
- Fill each cup of dough almost to the top with the pie filling. I wanted to use both cherry and blueberry because I thought it would be patriotic for Memorial Day, but you can just use one or the other. I filled half with cherry and half with blueberry pie filling.
- Roll out the remaining dough and use a pizza cutter to cut strips the length of the diameter of the muffin tins. Lay the strips across the muffin tins to create a lattice pattern. Be sure to press the strips into the edges well.
- Whisk your egg in a small bowl with a splash of water and brush the egg wash on the dough tops and edges of the mini pies.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. You will know they are done when the crust browns lightly and the filling is bubbling.
- Let them cool and then use a butter knife to loosen the pies from the edges of the pan and lift them out of the tins.
- If you want, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar. You could also serve them with ice cream because everything is better with ice cream!
This recipe is also great because you can adapt it to make any flavor pies! If you decide to make your own mini pies, post a pic on Instagram and tag me @abraggslife – I’d love to see how yours turn out!