You all know I love holidays… but, I just can’t get on board with St. Patrick’s Day. I don’t know what it is. It’s just not my favorite, so you probably won’t see many St. Patrick’s Day blog posts because this particular holiday just doesn’t leave me feeling too inspired. HOWEVER, I do LOVE me some Lucky Charms cereal… and frosted animal crackers… and sprinkles… and M&Ms, so this is the perfect excuse, …errr, ‘holiday’ I mean, to consume all those things in one “magically delicious” treat.
The bark is SO simple and Willa loved making it with me. It was like an art project! It will be the perfect (and most festive) little dessert for her lunches this week! It’d also be great for a class party (or an adult party, too!). You could even put some pieces in a clear goodie bag and tie it with some ribbon for co-workers, friends, or your kids’ teachers.
Vanilla Candiquik or white chocolate
Frosted Animal Cookies
Lucky Charms cereal
M&Ms (I used Easter colored)
Sprinkles (Mine are from Neon Yolk – they have THE BEST sprinkles)
- Melt the Vanilla Candiquik (or white chocolate) according to the directions on the package.
- Line a small rimmed cookie sheet with wax paper and pour the melted Candiquik into the pan. Spread to your liking of thickness.
- Quickly, before it starts to harden, top with all your goodies. I started with the biggest things first: animal cookies, Lucky Charms, M&Ms, then sprinkles.
- Put it in the refrigerator to harden. It should only take about 15 minutes.
- Break into pieces and JUST try to stop eating the entire pan at once! Seriously SO good!
If you don’t love the toppings that we used, you can always substitute them and make the bark your own by using what you do like. Tag me @abraggslife if you try it – I’d love to see!